Friday, January 8, 2010

Weekly Wrap Up, Happy New Year!

I spent all last weekend pulling our school stuff together and planning for January and February. We had a blast ringing in the New Year and all the kids made it until midnight! This week we were back full swing into our school schedule, and except for a few grumbles from Buster it went great. I got pretty excited with my schedule, so we had some full days. Buster finally started his Explode the code book 4. I bought it at the beginning of the year, but it was a little advanced. He did great with it though, and is really taking off with his reading. He read two chapters of Little Bear, and is reading his nature reader on his own now, which he was really excited about. We are almost half way through his math now, and he told me math was the most fun. We are studying South America for the next 8 weeks, this week we covered Colombia and Venezuala. We also practiced Colors in Spanish. My husband finished the Feline chapter with buster. Buster did copywork of Corinthians 13:1, and Little Boy Blue. I plan to have him do one verse a week until we cover the love section, and he will bememorizing Little Boy Blue this month as well. Sweetpea was excited to get back to school. I got teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons from the library, Sweetpea took one look at it and refused to look at it again....lol I don't blaim her it was pretty displeasing to the eye. I put it away and we worked on her ETC primer B and read some Bob books. We also started some new read alouds which I have listed on the side bar. For PE Sweetpea is doing swimming lessons, and Buster will be playing basketball. Sweetpea had her first two swim lessons this week. She was really nervous at first, but loved it once she hit the water. Next week I will actually take some pictures. For now you can enjoy some from New Years Eve.







































For more Weekly Wrap Ups Visit http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/





2 comments:

Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy said...

New Years Eve looks like a blast. My kiddos made it too...but then we were in bed by 12:15 :)

Autismland Penny said...

New Years looks like fun! We went to the drive in which enabled us to still be awake at midnight but off to bed at 12:10. Sounds like a good start!