Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MOPS acticle

My mom ask me to write a small article for our MOPS newsletter recommending websites and books for Moms. I figured I would just post it here also :)

Book and website recommendations for your every mothering need:
Creative Corrections
By Lisa Whelchel
Available at the Library
“If you've tried everything and your child is still more Billy the Kid than Billy Graham, it's time for this book! Wife, mom, homeschooler and actress Lisa Whelchel offers hundreds of refreshing ways to discipline children. Organized for busy parents, it's full of ideas for those times when you don't know what to do.”
I recently checked this book out from the library and found it very interesting and helpful. The author is has a fun and relaxed style of writing. What I liked most was the section on scripture references, and great practical parenting suggestions.

The first website that I will recommend is MOPS:
www.mops.org on this website you will find
Interesting articles. The MOPS shop, were you can purchase books, etc.
Also my favorite part the MOPS online forum, a great place to talk with other moms around the US, as well as a lot of advice and suggestions.

I personally enjoy reading blogs and Simple Mom is a great one.
www.simplemom.net “Live simply, stay sane. Life hacks for home managers.”
Here you will find a blog written by a mom with articles on an array of mothering and homemaker topics.

This last one I just found and it is for moms and kids.
www.handipoints.com This is a fun free online game for kids similar to Webkins. The twist with it is your kids earn points for the game by performing household chores/tasks chosen by mom. You can simply set up an account for your kids, and create a list of tasks. When they are ready to play mom checks of what was completed for the day and they earn points for the game.

No comments: