Friday, July 17, 2009

Play-doh fun!



I wanted to make some new play-doh for the upcoming school year, our last batch needed thrown out. For fun I decided we would make a rainbow of playdoh instead of just one color. I quadrupled the recipe and then diveded it uncolored into seven bowls. Once divided we colored and kneaded them. I knead the dough like pizza dough with plenty of flour until the colors are fully mixed and it is no longer sticky. I had to add yellow food coloring to the the yellow, because the yellow Kool-aid did nothing. Also the blue was made with food coloring because apparently the blue pack of kool-aid I bought turned out to be red. Here is the recipe:
3 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
2 packages unsweetend Kool-Aid
2 cups boiling water
3 tablespoons oil
Mix dry ingredients together in bowl. Mix the liquids together and pour them over the dry. Stir the mixture until it forms a ball. As the mixture cools, it will become less sticky. After it cools take it out of bowl and knead until smooth.

Sweetpea is very excited about all the new colors to play with!


7 comments:

Christie said...

I love playdough too but the real reason I am commenting is that I think your blog title is the most wonderful in all that I've ever seen. LOVE IT and so so jealous! ;)

LadyJ said...

Oh way cool and so organized.

Sherry said...

love all the colors!!

Sarah said...

Impressive - that's a lot of dough! I printed out this recipe a while ago but have yet to do it. This inspired me :)

jennwa said...

Pretty colors. I love the Kool Aid playdough, it is pretty and smells good.

Michelle said...

Thank you for leaving your link over at the Homeschool Classroom! I love that you just did this too. My kids love it and it's always fun for all of us!

I look forward to looking around your blog!

karen said...

I am so excited to have found this play dough recipe ( i have done others, but they aren't very pleasing at the end! ) ... I am making a quad batch, too, for my grandkids... Stocking stuffers with the dough put into cute plastic bags and some cookie ornaments that I have with butterflies, rabbits, birds, ect.. Going to use them as the bows!! Thank you again, lovin' your site!!

karen
http://www.karensthreadsofhope.blogspot.com