Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursdat Thirteen #8

Thirteen Things about chubbycheeks


Thirteen Presidential Quotes to inspire us:
1.John F. Kennedy
Let us resolve to be masters, not the victims, of our history, controlling our own destiny without giving way to blind suspicions and emotions.
2.Harry S. Truman
We believe that all men are created equal because they are created in the image of God.
3.John F. Kennedy
Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
4.Dwight D. Eisenhower
When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it.
5.Theodore Roosevelt
Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
6.Ronald Reagan
The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away.
7.Theodore Roosevelt
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. In this life we get nothing save by effort.
8.Calvin Coolidge
Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong.
9.Franklin D. Roosevelt
Confidence... thrives only on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligation, on faithful performance. Without them, it cannot live.
10.Abraham Lincoln
I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down...”
11.Abraham Lincoln
“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.”
12.George Washington
I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an "Honest Man."
13.Thomas Jefferson:
Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A most excellent list. It's a shame that politicians of today don't seem to think that way anymore.

My list is up at Thursday 13 - #4. Thirteen Things about Conservatives.

Anonymous said...

that's all great!!! wonderful...thanks for sharing them...made me inspired!

Faerylandmom said...

Awesome list, Abbie.

Anonymous said...

That is a really great list! Thanks for that, where did you find them?

p.s. the kids are adorable!

Mz Jackson said...

Those are all wonderful! Thank you.

Unknown said...

Wonderful quotes. I really like the first one. A lot of truth in it.