Friday, May 21, 2010

Weekly Wrap up!

Week 36!

We went to our local Safari again last weekend as part of our year end Science project. I printed off a list of all the animals they had that we had studied this year. With a little help Buster had to identify all of them that we saw. I then took a picture of each one, and we are making a book about them. This week we finished History for Little Pilgrims, and Buster's CLP nature reader book 1. We also started our summer schedule. Each day we have reading time. Buster read to me for 20 minutes, and Sweetpea worked on Phonics with me for 15 minutes. She really enjoys reading the words when I use our wooden alphabet letters, so that's what we did. I looked at Phonics Pathways for the words and made them on our magnet board. Buster finished his last Frog and Toad book, and had a blast reading the first Amelia Bedelia book. For math this summer we are doing math games. I had these giant foam dice from the dollar tree. One day I had the kids roll them Buster had to call out the math fact for the number he rolled, and Sweetpea counted the dots. I then assigned them an exercise to do as many times as they rolled. They both loved it! We will be doing this for the rest of May and June, and then starting next year in July. I will be posting soon about everything we are using next year soon. Last night I found out I was selected to be a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew for 2010-2011, and I can't wait to find out all that will entail. I hope you all had a great week too!


Buttercup Loved the goats!



We finally got to ride the train!



Be sure and head over to http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/ for more weekly wrap ups.

7 comments:

Ellen said...

The safari looks fabulous! What a wonderful trip.

Robin Johnson said...

What a wonderful field trip!
I love your math game. We do the same here except dd5 is adding while ds8 & dd11 multiply. I hadn't thought of adding exercise. Lots of fun!

MissMOE said...

So creative! Love all the neat ideas you have. Making books has always been a popular main stay of our homeschool. My sixteen year old still looks back at the ones he made with fondness. You're creating great memories as well as learning. Thanks for sharing.

Mama in Uganda said...

Fun times, fun memories and cute kids! Doesn't get much better than that this side of heaven :-)

Monica said...

A Safari? How awesome is that?!? Love all your read alouds in the sidebar, too! What a fun school you guys have. :) Were you the one interested in our frog lapbooks? We finished that this week and pictures on our blog. :)

~Monica
krazzymommy

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Looks like fun! :)

Our Peculiar Lives said...

what a fun trip!
You have a beautiful family.