Friday, July 9, 2010

Weekly Wrap up!

Week 1:
Well we started our school year on Tuesday, at least partially. We started Math, Science(with daddy) Grammar, Phonics, Spelling, Art, and Music. I just received our Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory guide yesterday, so we will start that on Monday. It covers History, Geography, Bible, Poetry, Spelling, Grammar, Copywork, Math, Science(with mommy), Story Time, Art, and Music. I was able to look through the guide yesterday quite a bit, and it looks great. I'm excited to be able to do all those fun hands on things I always intend to do, but never get around to. It is going to be right up Sweetpea's alley. In other exciting news Buddy is 8 months old today! He had his first finger food this week(cheerios), and got his first tooth.

For art this week we looked at "Girl With a Watering Can" by Renoir. The kids painted their interpretation of it yesterday. Here is Buster's:

Buttercup loves to paint!

Sweetpea was a little out of sorts, and didn't finish.


Grandma, and Papa brought the girls some rainbow makers!

My Brother in law has been hard at work, and is almost done with the dry rot repair.

Next is finish sanding and painting.

I hope you all had a great Fourth of July!



We sure did!


8 comments:

Mama in Uganda said...

Thanks for sharing your week--sounds full and fun!

Hugs from the North,
Summer

Tina said...

Sounds like a nice week ;) And, YEAH RIGHT...that babies been sneaking in the fridge at night,he's way beyond those Cheerios! LOL! I love a rolly polly baby...good nibblin'!

April said...

Looks like a great first week :)

kris said...

I found your blog yesterday and I think its GREAT! I to am homeschooling my soon to be Kindergartner this coming Fall, I seen the Little hearts for His glory on your page and immediately went to check it out, its exactly what I have been looking for! I ordered it and now waiting for it to come! I think you are doing a amazing job homeschooling and I am looking forward to my own journey this Fall...Congrats on your 1st week down!

Tristan said...

It is always so fun to start a new year or a new curriculum - have a great week!

Unknown said...

Kris I hope you have a great first year!

Kara said...

Looks like a good week! I have that Renoir print hanging in my hall bath. :-)

Stefanie said...

Sounds like a great start to the year. I LOVE Buster's painting.

We're starting artist studies when we start back with school and I'm so excited.