Friday, August 20, 2010

Weekly Wrap up!

Week 6:
Wow we actually had a great week and it wasn't too crazy. My husband built me a book shelf and I was finally able to organize our books for the year. The plan is that he's going to build me another one so I can put all the books I have in buckets for future years on it. For storytime I started reading King Of The Wind to Buster, so far we are both enjoying it. He also finished reading Hill of Fire. Wednesday we had a fun day. My oldest brothers kids are staying at my moms house this week. We picked them up and went to the safari village, and swimming at my cousins house. Here are some other highlights of our school week.

The new shelf!

Sweetpea playing! I got her Little Hearts for his glory guide yesterday now just waiting for my Amazon order, so we can start.

Buster working hard at copywork.

Sweetpea and I had a blast making up addition stories with her counting bears. We have been back to using MEP and she is enjoying it.

We started tot time back up, and now we have two tots.


Buster wrote his first letter in cursive, and I think he did great.
I posted a list of what Buster will be reading this year if anyone wants to check it out:
I also updated my curriculum page to reflect some changes we are making.
For more weekly wrap ups head over to http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/

9 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Looks like a good week! Love to see what the little ones are doing. :)

Tina said...

great reading list and I love the shelf ;) Way to go dh!

Daisy said...

We loved using HOD last year. Sounds like you are, too.

Great cursive letter! Maybe he can come teach my son a think or two about handwriting. LOL.

Carrie said...

Yea for the new bookcase!! Can't ever have too many, right?! ;)

Thanks for sharing your week! Have a great weekend!

Robyn said...

Yeah for a new bookshelf! Funny what makes us so happy! :-) Looks like a great week you had. Thanks for sharing!

Joelle said...

Wow, what a nice bookshelf! That is great. looks like a good week.

dawn said...

We really like MEP! I have 2 children working in Y1 and am going to try Reception with my little one in January. Fun stuff!

Monica said...

Husbands that make bookshelves are GREAT! Yay! Your son's cursive looks great! :)

~Monica

Amy said...

I sure need another bookcase!! Looks like you had a great week! It won't be long and I've have two tots...oh boy...