Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekly Wrap up! HOD

We did it we made it through 10 weeks of school! School was fine this week, but it seemed to be a rough week around here. I think it was mainly me having a bad attitude, and I'm really glad that next week is our vacation. We all need a break and a refreshing time. When I uploaded all the pictures it turns out we did have a good week after all. Buster was really excited about Latin, and told me he wants to do all the books they have about it. Buster studied weight for math this week, and thanks to my mom we had a scale to use. He also finished George the Drummer boy, and started a book about George Washington. Sweetpea started reading sentences in Reading Made Easy, and doing some copywork. So for your enjoyment here are some pictures of the highlights of our week.
The boys started guitar practice!

Making a starfish!



The kids blew paper boats across the table to learn how the Mayflower moved. I also blew from the side to show them how they got off course.


We made mono prints for art!



This was really fun!


We had a tea party! It was Sweetpeas Idea, and a fun way to practice table manners.

How lady like!

Cuppa tea!

So handsome!

Sip of tea!

Music class!

The boys had a jam session!

Sweetpea did her first copywork! I made this copybook to go along with her Reading Made Easy lessons.




For more Weekly Wrap ups http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/


12 comments:

Tiff said...

Man...you do SO MUCH with those kids of yours...I feel positively pitiful next to you sometimes.

Daisy said...

What a great week! We have tea parties also. It is my children's favorite time of the day. :-)

Tonia said...

Looks like a great week! We love having tea parties too.

Susanne said...

awesome tea party! how fun!

Dacia's School said...

WOW what a busy week what a fun full week Great job

Edwena said...

Looks like a very full and fun week.

Jennifer said...

What a fun week! I love the idea of blowing the Mayflower from the side to get it off course - wish I had thought of that when we studied Pilgrims a couple of weeks ago! Also, the art projects turned out great, and the tea party sounds like a great, FUN way to practice manners. LOVE IT!

;-) said...

Keep hanging in there! You are doing a great job with those kiddos of yours. Hope you have a refreshing week next week. Just LOVE the pic of the 3 boy jam session. :)

Our Family for His Glory said...

Oh- how fun!! :) I love how everyone is getting involved in the music! I hope you have a wonderful vacation week! Hurray on getting to 10 weeks!
Jessica

Norah said...

Looks like a great week. I need to remember some of your great ideas.

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Oh, I love the idea of a formal tea to help reinforce table manners! Too cute!

Sharla said...

You did a lot this week! The tea party is really cute!