Friday, April 22, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up! HOD

Week 36, and 37!
We did it we finished Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory last Friday! Buster also finished reading his Amelia Earhart book, and did his Biography project. Daddy was really happy to see the finished product. This week we have been taking our Spring break, and it has been really nice! I took most of the week off from the Internet, which was a much needed break from. I had been spending far to much time on the Internet getting myself worked up over things that don't even matter in the long run. It is really great to get back to basics and focus in on my own family for a time, and to get back into a daily Bible time. We have had some sunshine this week, so we were able to go to the park a few times and soak it up. On Wednesday we had a great time decorating eggs, and cupcakes at my sister in-laws house unfortunately I forgot the camera. Buddy was so into decorating it was kinda funny. On Thursday the kids had their end of co-op term field trip! We went to a couple of local museums, and had a guided tour at the first. I realized when we were there it was my kids first group field trip, and they had a blast! Next week we will resume our school work for 5 more weeks, and then have a summer break in June. I can't believe summer is that close. I hope you are all having an amazingly blessed Passion week, and that you are taking time to draw closer to the Son!
"Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" 62And Jesus said, "I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven." 63And the high priest tore his garments and said, "What further witnesses do we need?" Mark 14:60-63

Buster's book project!
Photobucket
We started our Resurrection eggs last week! My husband reads one page out of Benjamin's box each day, and then the kids open the egg and color a picture of the item. We are hanging all the pictures on the wall as a countdown.
Photobucket
Soccer season is in full swing!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Co-op field trip! My sister and I both left the littles with my mom, and here are the big kids waiting for the tour.
Photobucket
Tour guides!
Photobucket
Telescope!
Photobucket
Sweetpea in a trappers tent!
Photobucket
They got to write with a real ink pen!
Photobucket
and seal their letters with wax!
Photobucket
Sweetpea carrying water buckets!
Photobucket
The kids were divided up into three groups so my sister went with our boys, and I went with the girls! She took these pictures of Buster!
Photobucket
Black Bear!
Photobucket
His ink pen work!
Photobucket
Waiting for their seals!
Photobucket

The whole co-op gang!
Photobucket

For more weekly wrap ups visit:
Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Congrats on finishing!!! We're in the home stretch wiht my oldest.

Just popping in from the wrap-up.

Unknown said...

Great field trip! Looks like lots of fun historical stuff! And aren't they cute playing soccer! LOVE that age! They have SO much fun! 18 more days of school for us! Stopping in from Weekly Wrap-up!

Jessy