Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our School Room!

With my husbands help last year we turned our laundry room into a school/laundry room. I thought I'd give you all a quick picture tour of our set up this year.

Here is our calandar and flag.

I have been seeing the workbox sytem everywhere lately. The idea interests me, but we don't have room for two racks. Instead I found these magazine holders at Big Lots and we have one for each day of the week. I like the idea of stocking them on Sundays.

Here is a TV and where a bunch of our stuff is stored.

The kids pet frog.

Another storage unit. The top drawer is science stuff, second is educational games, and the third is craft supplies.

Our new world map. I found this at Target after much looking. You can see our stack washer and dryer in the corner.

US Map from the dollar tree.

Buster's weekly boxes. Sweetpea participates in some of his stuff though. They are on top of a book shelf.

Here is the kid's work area.

8 comments:

;-) said...

So organized! Seems like a great plan.

Susana said...

Love your colorful bins and desk area--like the maps alot too! I like what you've done with your use of space!

Sandra said...

You did a great job of organizing the space. I would not have known it was a laundry room had you not mentioned it in your post.

Thank you for sharing.

theveryflowers said...

Great space! Calendars and maps are so indispensable. I am inspired by your organization, too!

Jenny
http://theveryflowersthatbendandmeet.blogspot.com/

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

The box idea is really something, and keeps coming up on the hs blogs. I do "workboxes" with my nonverbal son, but these usually involve puzzles and things like that. :]

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

I love how you have used the space that you have available! Great job!

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

I like the magazine boxes. That takes up such little room!

Congrats on your 4th pregnancy! We are on ours, too - with our 4th boy.

LadyJ said...

It's looking really good. THose tubs look like they are working great I may have to do something similar just have to figure out the space issues here.