Monday, November 21, 2011

A couple of things!

I can hardly believe Thanksgiving is in 3 days! I intended to post a Weekly Wrap Up on Friday but I got busy sorting through the kids clothes, my laundry room and our coat closet. It is amazing to me how much clothes, coats, and shoes we have accumulated. We have some very generous friends who are always passing down clothes to us. It felt great to completely go through all the shoes and clothes and take out everything that was too small for all the kids. I now have two bags that I need to donate. I was also able to fill their drawers with things new to us that fit. I only had to buy for Buster, because he was very low on things that fit him. I decided to give the kids this week off of school so I'm spending it in preparation for the Christmas season. Last week we did school as usual and the kids had their last day of Co-op for the fall! We ended with a Thanksgiving feast, and the girls decided they should dress up:
Photobucket
No I did not sew these things we had them. The bonnets came from my sister and cousin, and the dresses were mine. My mommy made them many moons ago!
Photobucket Photobucket 
The kids occupied themselves by playing duck, duck, goose while the moms got everything ready!

We ate and then the kids shared some things they had learned. 
I had to take Buttercup to the bathroom when Buster's group went up so I missed them. Photobucket Photobucket
I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving! 
I will try to write a post soon about our upcoming Christmas/Advent plans!

No comments: